PUSD strives to prepare students for all state testing through the implementation of standards-based instruction and use of standards aligned testing. The following district-wide tests are utilized by PUSD:
Galileo K-12 Assessments –
- Comprehensive standardized assessments designed to measure student achievement, growth and progress toward grade-level or course-based standards mastery.
- Given three times per year (beginning, middle, end of year)
- Math: all students in grades K-8; Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II in high school
- ELA: all students in grades 2-12.
Renaissance Star Assessments –
- Standards based computer adaptive tests that determine where students are in the continuum of learning and next steps required to help them grow. Used for screening, progress monitoring and state mandates (K-3 MOWR – Click Here for details).
- Times given per year depends on grade level and purpose; minimum three times/year
- Star Early Literacy/Star Reading: students in grades K-6
- Star Math: students in grades 2 -6