PUSD complies with the Arizona Department of Education requirement that all Arizona students participate in standardized tests as shown in the chart below:
*Statewide Achievement Assessments
*Please refer to your child's school website for specific testing details.
Click here to access Statewide Achievement Assessments Overview.
Click here to access Assessment Parent Guide
Click here to access Assessment Parent Guide in Spanish
Information about state tests:
- Computer-based Arizona tests are administered over multiple days.
- There are multiple subject specific testing sessions.
- Sessions typically last 1-2 hours per session.
- Outcomes from these tests are used in calculating A-F Letter Grades that are assigned to all Arizona schools.
- Students receive paper copies of results in the summer or fall following spring testing.
To help your child prepare:
- ADE provides a page specifically for Parents and Students.
Click here to access: https://www.azed.gov/assessment/parents
Sample tests will help your child understand how to navigate the testing platform.
Scoring Guides will help you and your child understand the expectations of the test.
- On days of testing, it is important that your child arrives to school on time. You can help by making sure your child is well rested and well fed with a healthy breakfast.
- Encourage your child to have a positive, no pressure attitude toward testing. Some questions will be easy and some will challenge their thinking. The goal is for all students to show what they know!