Dear Taylor Hicks Bobcats,
We miss you! It’s tough to be missing out on so many of the enjoyable aspects of this time of year at Taylor Hicks. Thanks for hanging in there with social distancing and distance learning for now. We can’t wait to see you all again, and to have things back to “normal” in the fall!
We are writing to invite you to a brief drive by school on May 18th to both pick up personal items and to drop off any school items you may have. This will happen in the Taylor Hicks Parking lot. The process for distribution of your items and return of school items has been approved by the Yavapai County Health Department, and is outlined below.
***No student or parent should exit your vehicle. No congregating in the parking lot, please.***
To spread things out for safety and for a quick delivery, we ask that if possible you arrive in the following time frames on Monday, May 18th:
-Students whose last name starts with letters A-H, arrive between 9:00 am – 10:00 am
-Last names I-P, arrive between 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
-Last names Q-Z, arrive between 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
**If you cannot make it during your assigned time on May 18th, we will offer a make up time from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm on Tuesday May 19th. Although it will be quite difficult for The Taylor Hicks staff to make other arrangements outside the May 18th and 19th times above, we will try to accommodate unusual circumstances if you contact us directly.
**Because of the complicated logistics and how important it will be to properly check in so many items, please do not ask other families to drop off/pick up items for you.
STATION 1 — Returning Taylor Hicks Items You Have At Home
Pull into the Taylor Hicks parking lot as you would for student drop off or pick up.
- Please be ready to return any textbooks and Taylor Hicks library books you had at home in one stack, NOT in plastic bags.
- For student work packets, please be sure your child’s name, teacher and grade level are clearly written on the front.
STATION 2 — Distribution of Student Items From Classrooms
- Pull through to station #2 in the Taylor Hicks parking lot.
- Give your student’s grade, teacher and full name to the staff member present. Taylor Hicks staff with masks and gloves will deliver in labeled plastic bags all personal items that were left at school.
STATION 3 — Collecting Checked Out PUSD Chromebooks
IF you checked out a Chromebook from PUSD please pull forward to station #3.
- A member of our IT staff will be available to check your chromebook back in.
- If you checked out a chromebook you will not be able to pick up your yearbook until the chromebook has been returned.
STATION 4 — Taylor Hicks Yearbook Pick Up
IF you purchased a 2019/2020 Taylor Hicks Yearbook please continue to station #4.
- Give your student’s grade, teacher and full name to the staff member present. Taylor Hicks staff with masks and gloves will deliver your child’s yearbook.
To keep everyone safe and to follow state directives regarding social distancing, ***No student or parent should exit your vehicle. No congregating in the Taylor Hicks parking lot, please.*** We are excited to see many of you in person, even for a few brief minutes on May 18th!
Principal, Taylor Hicks Elementary School