Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives of the Prescott Unified School District Purchasing Department are:
- Buy the right material, of the right quality, in the proper quantity, at the right time, from the proper source at the best price.
- Standardize educational supplies, equipment, computers, and software as far as possible without interfering with the success of the educational program.
- Reduce the overhead cost of buying by reducing and streamlining the flow of paperwork.
- Improve the speed of deliveries to users by performing purchasing action when the need is made known.
- Enforce contractual obligations.
- Instill interest in bidding by all responsible vendors who can furnish services or materials to meet the District’s specifications.
- Obtain fair and open competition among bidders.
- Treat bidders and their bids on an equal basis.