Come and enjoy the talents of our PUSD Art Students at the Prescott High School Ruth Street Theatre Gallery. The PUSD Art Show runs through April 4th. Gallery Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-3:00pm (Closed Spring Break March 9-13)
Student exhibitions, public artworks, art festivals, and school events raise awareness and support of the visual arts across all grade levels Pre-School -12th grade!
Engaging with art is essential to the human experience. Almost as soon as motor skills are developed, children communicate through artistic expression.
The arts challenge us with different points of view, compel us to empathize with “others,” and give us the opportunity to reflect on the human condition, Youth Art Month exists to:
- Recognize art education as a viable factor in the total education curriculum that develops citizens of a global society.
- Recognize art is a necessity for the full development of better quality of life for all.
- Direct attention to the value of art education for divergent and critical thinking.
- Expand art programs in schools and stimulate new art programs.
- Encourage commitment to the arts by students, community organizations, and individuals everywhere.
- Provide additional opportunities for individuals of all ages to participate in creative art learning.
- Increase community, business and governmental support for art education.
- Increase community understanding and interest in art and art education through involvement in art exhibits, workshops, and other creative ventures.