MISSION, PHILOSOPHY, & OBJECTIVES
Our mission is to provide a safe and supportive environment that fosters a comprehensive education for all students so that they may reach their full potential.
The philosophy of Prescott High School reflects the diverse values of the Prescott community, significant among them being our democratic ideals and respect for the work ethic.
As we value the inherent worth and dignity of each individual, we believe each person has a right to an educational experience focused on individualized strengths, interests, needs, and aspirations. We are committed to furthering the intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and ethical growth of all students. We endeavor to provide educational opportunities as varied as our students and as dynamic as the world they will inherit.
Together, we are dedicated to providing our youth, who will assume future stewardship of the community and the nation, with quality resources, methods, and programs, thus enabling them to become responsible, productive, and involved citizens.
- Provide students with an environment appropriate for developing a lifelong positive attitude toward learning through a variety of academic opportunities.
- Develop an attitude of responsible citizenship to encourage awareness of the relationship of each citizen within the global, national, and local environment.
- Assist students to develop self-respect, self-discipline, and self-confidence.
- Encourage appropriate social attitudes and behavior through participation in curricular, co-curricular, extra-curricular activities, and service to our community.
- Provide appropriate curricula, materials, methods, technology, and evaluation for students of all learning abilities.
- Provide students with an understanding of historical, cultural, and current events.
- Develop student skills in logical thinking and expression, critical reasoning, and problem solving through total involvement in the learning process by means of varied engagement activities.
- Develop study skills in every curricular area in order to prepare for postsecondary experiences.