Prescott Unified School District participates in the National School Lunch/Breakfast Program. In doing so, we are committed to serving nutritious meals every day. All meals are planned and prepared to meet the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, as well as the other nutritional goals listed below.
- Recommended Daily Allowances (RDA)
- 1/3 the RDA for lunch and 1/4 the RDA for breakfast for Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron
- Age-appropriate calorie goals
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- 30% or less of calories from fat
- 10% or less of calories from saturated fat
- Decrease in sodium
- Decrease in cholesterol
- Increase in fiber
- Increase in carbohydrates
On a daily basis, we also prepare a food bar that offers a selection of mixed salad, fruits, vegetables, and rolls. These items are available in addition to the choices listed on the menu.
We encourage parents to take an active role in developing their child’s nutritional habits. Talk to your child about the importance of eating plenty of fruits and vegetables and limiting the fat in their diet. Please support our efforts in providing all children with the best possible nutritional basics he or she needs for education today and a healthy lifestyle tomorrow.