Weather Related Closures/Delays
Depending on weather conditions or other emergency situations, a decision may be made regarding school closures or delays. PUSD will decide on one of the plans listed below, but if weather conditions worsen, a 2-hour delay could be changed to a school closure day. Please monitor the PUSD Home Page, Facebook page, or your radio during the morning for any updates or changes.
Plan 1: School Closure Day
Students and district employees will stay home and not attend school. Extra-curricular activities for the district will be determined later in the day, in accordance with weather conditions.
Plan 2: 2-Hour Shortened Day Schedule
- A two hour delay could be changed to a full snow day depending on weather conditions.
- All schedules will begin two (2) hours later.
- Before school breakfast will NOT be served.
- Dismissal of school in the afternoon will be at the regular time.
- Buses will arrive at the bus stops two (2) hours later than usual. (For example, a bus pick-up time of 6:35 a.m. becomes an 8:35 a.m. pick-up time.)
- Bell schedules for PHS, PMHMS, and GMS are posted below.
PUSD School Start Times:
- Elementary Schools (Abia Judd, Taylor Hicks, Lincoln): 10:25 am
- Granite Mountain: 10:25 am
- Mile High Middle School: 10:10 am
- Prescott High School: 10:00 am (no early bird)
Preschool, Kindergarten & Elementary Information (pre-K-6):
- Morning Discovery Gardens Preschool will NOT be held.
- Afternoon Discovery Gardens Preschool will be in session.
- Discovery Gardens extended preschool will open at 10:00 a.m.
- Kindergarten will be in session according to the shortened schedule.
- All before school activities (Buck Club, etc.) are cancelled.
- No students are to be on campus prior to 9:45 am.
Middle School and High School Information (7-12):
- Early Bird classes at Prescott High School will NOT be held.
The Prescott Schools are concerned about the safety of all and unnecessary loss of school time. Decisions to close or not to close school are made very early in the morning, before daylight. Be assured that any decision to close or delay school is carefully considered and made only after evaluating all available up-to-date information and reports. Your cooperation with these plans will be greatly appreciated.
Please be aware that the district boundaries include varying terrain and elevations that will affect the decision to delay or cancel school.
NOTE: In the unlikely event of a district-wide early dismissal due to inclement weather, parents are encouraged to pick up their student(s) from school. Students will not be released before the regular dismissal time unless absolutely necessary due to severe weather conditions.
In advance, thank you for your cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions regarding this information, please call your school principal or the district office.