Return to » Human Resources Page
Cheri Baumgartner, Guest Teacher Coordinator
» Go to AppliTrack.com for PUSD position vacancies and online employment application.
Prescott Unified School District’s standards are high, and we are constantly involved in the pursuit of excellence in our educational programs. Adhering to the same high standards as regular teachers, our guest teachers are considered an important part of the educational program. They contribute much to the children of this community.
Guest Teacher Pay
The rate of pay for guest teaching is set annually by the Governing Board at budget time. The current approved rate schedule is as follows:
- Guest Teacher Pay: Up to 4 hours Hours = 1/2 Day, $39.94
- Guest Teacher Pay: Over 4 hours per day = Full Day, $78.83 (any combination of jobs worked on the same day may not exceed more than 1 full-day pay)
- Long-Term Guest Teacher Pay: $78.83 per day for the first 5 consecutive days on the same assignment; $89.34 on the sixth day and for the remainder of the assignment
- Guest Teachers and Guest Nurses qualify for PUSD’s “Guest Teacher Free Lunch Program” the day of their full-day assignment during the remainder of the 2016-17 school year! Ask your school secretary upon check-in for a free lunch badge. Show it to the cafeteria cashier; return the badge when you check-out at the end of the day.
Qualifications/General Requirements of Guest Teachers in PUSD
- Possess a valid teaching certificate or substitute teaching certificate from the Arizona State Department of Education (All certificates must be stamped by the Yavapai County Education Services offices, located at 2970 Centerpoint East Dr., Prescott, AZ 86301. Call 928-771-3326 for more information.)
- Possess a valid Department of Public Safety IVP
NOTE: Be sure to select “Identified Verified Prints (IVP) Paid Employee” to receive the appropriate level of clearance. You can apply online by clicking on this link: http://fieldprintarizona.com/
- Have completed an application and other forms necessary for employment with PUSD
- Have registered and trained on SMART FIND EXPRESS (SFE), our automated sub caller system
- Have a telephone or a message number
- Provide your own transportation
The Arizona teaching certificate allows you to guest teach an unlimited number of days each year. A substitute certificate limits you to 120 guest teaching days per year in the same school.
For information about requirements for certificates, contact the Arizona State Board of Education, Teacher Certification:
Phoenix Office: P.O. Box 6490 | Phoenix, AZ 85005-6490 | 602-542-4367 | www.ade.az.gov
For information about requirements for Fingerprint Clearance Card, contact The Department of Public Safety (602) 223-2279, or log on to:
Guest Nurse Requirements:
Pay Rate is $11.83 per hour