7th Grade Health/Sex Education
“Choosing the Best/WAY”
Health/sex education is taught to all students in grades 6-11 who have parent permission to participate. The classes are taught by North Star Youth Partnership’s professional educators who are experienced; fully trained; have fingerprint and background clearance; and are passionate about helping youth. Below is a 7th grade curriculum overview. Copies of detailed lessons are available for review in your school’s front office.
- This is an abstinence focused program, which was approved by the school district’s board.
- The Choosing the Best curricula are researched based, medically accurate, and utilized by thousands of school districts throughout the United States. In addition, the curricula are on the Arizona Department of Education’sapproved list of materials for sexuality education.
- Parents will receive a permission slip with dates that will be sent home before classes begin. The slip must besigned and returned to the school before student can participate in classes.
- We have found that students are more comfortable when parents discuss these topics with them before these classes begin.
- The classes are approximately 50 minutes; are taught in six days; and usually take the place of science.
- Girls and boys are in separate classrooms, with a teacher of the same gender, who has fingerprint and background clearance; is fully trained; and is passionate about helping youth.
- We always try to make the learning in our classes as fun as possible through various activities.
- Lesson 1: Deciding Your Future– Making the best decisions. How to set goals.
- Lesson 2: Friendships & Relationships – Qualities of a good friend. Love or a crush?
- Lesson 3: Avoiding Unhealthy Relationships – Preventing sexual abuse. What are emotional needs?
- Lesson 4: Identifying the Risks – All sexual activity is defined. Discuss possible risks of sex: pregnancy,emotional, and STDs.
- Lesson 5: Choosing the Best Way – The benefits of abstinence.
- Lesson 6: Learning How to Say NO – Dangers of alcohol. How to set boundaries and be assertive.
We look forward to teaching your child and partnering with you in providing important information to encourage healthy and safe choices. Detailed lessons are available for viewing in your school’s front office.
- 6th Grade Health/Sex Education: “Worth the Wait”
- 8th Grade Health Sex Education: “Choosing the Best/PATH”
- Grades 9, 10, 11 Health/Sex Education: “Choosing the Best – Life, Journey & Soul Mate”
Krystal Koons, Health Education Supervisor
email@example.com | 928.708.7268