Welcome to Badger U at Granite Mountain School!
Before and After School Class Offerings
Emma Gifford, Site Coordinator
(928) 717-3253 ext 402
2nd Quarter Update – October 15, 2018
New Badger U Clubs Starting at Granite Mountain School:
We have started a 5th grade Junior girl scout troop at GMS! All interested 5th grade girls can join our troop. Meetings are on Tuesday after HW club until 5:20 pm. Please sign up in the front office. 6th grade families interested in girl scouts can contact Ms. Gifford at firstname.lastname@example.org
Floral Design Club
We are excited to start a new floral design club on Thursdays after school in our Badger U program. Sign ups are in the office for all interested students.
Fall 2018 Schedule
Want to sign up? Contact Barbara Ouderkirk at email@example.com.
|Day of Week:||Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Friday|
|Morning: 7:30-8:00||Morning Grizzly Den||Morning Grizzly Den||Morning Grizzly Den||Morning Grizzly Den||Morning Grizzly Den|
|All students meet in cafeteria||Intramural sports gamesContact Melissa Stumpf for more information
|Afternoon academic club:REQUIRED
|HW Club||HW Club||HW Club||HW Club|
|Math Lab- 5th grade||Math Lab- 5th grade||Ed. Computer Time||Math Lab- 5th grade|
|Math Lab- 6th grade||Math Lab- 6th grade||Math Lab
|Math Lab- 6th grade|
|ELA Lab 5th grade||ELA Lab 5th grade||ELA Lab- 5th grade|
|ELA Lab 6th grade||ELA Lab 6th grade||ELA Lab 6th grade|
|Any student who is not staying for an enrichment club must have a ride home end of academic clubs. Students not picked up by 4:30 (2:20 on Wednesday) will be asked to sign up for an enrichment block or be removed from the program|
|Afternoon enrichment club:
|Arts and Crafts||Cartooning||Girl Talk- girls only||Painting|
|Gardening||Guitar||We are working on getting more clubs for Wednesday Interested volunteers please contact Emma Gifford||Harry Potter|
|Tinkering/Coding||VEX Robotics- FULL||Bio Bosses|
|Mad Scientist||Service Learning||Tinkering/Coding|
Club descriptions: Academic (REQUIRED)
- HW club– study hall and quiet space for students to independently do their homework with a small group of students and a teacher advisor, this is not direct tutoring
- Math Lab- Math tutoring club for students who are struggling with grade specific math problems
- ELA Lab- English Language Arts tutoring club for students who are struggling with grade specific reading and writing work
Club descriptions: Enrichment (OPTIONAL)
- Morning Grizzly Den- Get your day started with someone to check your HW and hang out with friends
- Arts and Crafts- create and design take home items throughout the year
- Gardening- help plant, care for, and harvest our local school garden
- Tinkering/Coding-learn computer programming the fun way
- Mad Scientist – learn about all scopes of science from medicine to chemistry to physics to the environment
- Cartooning- Make up your own characters and stories
- Guitar- learn to string, tune, and play a guitar– perform at end of year talent show/assembly
- VEX Robotics program and build a robot to do a specific task– compete against other schools
- This club requires CONSISTENT attendance in order to compete
- Service Learning- Do good deeds and help out your community
- Ed (educational) computer time- learn and have fun on our computers; educational games only!
- Girl Talk- Girls only! Meet and hang out with girls in a safe, single gender environment.
- Painting- learn how to paint using watercolors and acrylics
- Bio Bosses- learn earth science and help make our campus more environmentally friendly
- Thursday Tinkering/Coding-learn computer programming the fun way (please DO NOT sign up for both days!)
- Harry Potter- quidditch … need we say more?
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday first block: snack and academic enrichment clubs run from 3:30-4:20 PM
Students not participating in an enrichment club need to be picked up at Abia Judd at 4:25 PM.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday second block: 4:25-5:15 PM
The bus will leave promptly at 5:23 to get students home earlier.
- Wednesday’s first block: snack and academic enrichment from 1:15- 2:15 PM
Students not participating in an enrichment club need to be picked up at Abia Judd 2:20 PM
- Wednesday’s second block: 2:20-3:30 PM
The bus leaves promptly at 3:35 PM.
- There are no clubs or club buses after school on Fridays.
“Buck” Club meets in the cafeteria before school, from 7:00-7:45 a.m. Buck Club is for students whose parents must drop them off before 7:45. Those students will have supervision in the cafeteria. However, parents must pay $1 per day for their children to participate in the morning supervised activities (hence, the name Buck Club). This is a self-supporting program and accounts must be kept in good standing in order to attend. If there is a financial need, scholarships may be made available by contacting the principal. Parents may make arrangements ahead of time by paying for Buck Club or may send their child with $1 any time the child needs supervision before 7:45 a.m. Students may not be dropped off to wait on school grounds before 7:45 unless they participate in Buck Club program. Students dropped off prior to 7:45 a.m. must pay $1. There is no “grace period” on the time. Come early enough to make it worth your dollar, or wait until 7:45 a.m., when there is no charge.
Please visit our Athletics page at http://www.prescottschools.com/gms/athletics/.
BADGER U is the place to be for all Prescott Unified School District students, preschool through grade 12. Think of Badger U as your one-stop shop for all things extracurricular, encompassing all opportunities outside of regular classroom hours—including after school clubs, athletics, and summer school—at all seven of our school campuses
Badger U serves to further the PUSD academic program with enriching student experiences, as well as guiding your child’s path from preschool through senior high school. Today, your students might be Lincoln Lions, or Granite Mountain Grizzlies, but one day they will be Badgers! And at Badger U, your child will be developing 21st century skills and engaging with their school community while participating in fun activities. Combine this with an exceptional staff, and Badger U is just the place for your student today and the leaders of tomorrow.