Being a guest teacher may be easier than you think! It can provide a flexible work schedule; you can work as little or as much as you choose.
GUEST TEACHERS NEEDED TO START WORK IMMEDIATELY!
Please email Cheri Baumgartner at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (928)445-5400, x 101.
Did you know that if you have a bachelor’s degree, it qualifies you to become a guest (substitute) teacher in Prescott Unified School District?
- Do you enjoy working with children?
- Do you have knowledge to share?
- Are you retired and looking for something to do?
- Looking for a flexible schedule where you pick your days and grade levels?
- Completed an IVP Fingerprint Card through the Department of Public Safety. Cost to roll prints is $5 – $15, depending on who you use; cost of actual application fee to DPS is $67 (good for 6 years).
- Completed and received an Arizona Department of Education Teaching/Substitute Teaching Certificate (good for 6 years); cost is $67 through ADE.
Both applications are available at the PUSD District Office.
Q: Can I choose specific schools, grade levels, and/or content areas to teach?
Q: Can I block certain days I do not want to work ahead of time?
Q: How much does a guest teacher make?
A: $78.83 per day, $39.42 per half day, and $89.34 per day for a long term assignment (on the 6th day of a continuous assignment). Also, full-day assignments include a free lunch in our cafeterias.
Q: How long does fingerprinting take?
A: Usually 1 to 2 weeks to get the card back. It costs $ 67.00 for the card, $28.00 for service fees, and is valid for 6 years.
Q: How long does a certificate from the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) take?
A: Usually about 2 to 3 weeks. It costs $60.00.