“GEM” Staff Recognition Award
Going the Extra Mile Award
2017-2018 1st Semester Winners:
- Dan Tyler – Prescott High School Teacher/Student Council Advisor
- Stephanie Grotbeck – Prescott Mile High Middle School Language Arts Teacher
- Sara Runyan – Prescott Mile High Middle School Computer Teacher
- Chrissy Dolan – Prescott Mile High Middle School Cafeteria Manager
- Birdie Ferra – Prescott High School Secretary to the Assistant Principals and Athletic Director
- Carla Cornelison – Taylor Hicks Elementary Secretary
- Mary Walker – Taylor Hicks Elementary ParaProfessional
- Kristi Spengler – Taylor Hicks Elementary “BEST” Program Teacher
- Ann Chavez – District-wide K-6 Social Worker
- Stephanie Boan – Abia Judd Elementary Reading Assistant
The GEM award recognizes some of the finest employees of PUSD, who:
- Support the educational mission of the District by contributing time and talent to either a classroom and/or to the business operations of the District;
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence as team players and positive role models for others; and
- Go above and beyond in their performance.
All certified, classified, full-time, or part-time PUSD employees may be nominated by their peers. PUSD Partners in Education committee members review nominees and select 10 individuals district-wide to be recognized by the Superintendent and Governing Board. The recognition event takes place at the District Office Board Room, after the start of a regularly scheduled Board meeting. There will be a reception for the nominees at 4:45 p.m. prior to the board meeting.
Nomination Review Committee:
No PUSD funds are used for these events. We greatly appreciate the following sponsors who donate the resources to make this event possible.
RECOGNITION GIFTS SPONSOR:
Credit Union West – Evan Norris, Community Relations Specialist
RECOGNITION GIFTS AND RECEPTION SPONSORS:
Plan Member Financial Center / PRG Financial Investment Coaching – Robert Young, President