2018-2019 Registration Begins
The 2018-2019 school year starts Thursday, August 2, 2018.
Thurs., Feb. 1: PUSD Kindergarten General Information Night at Discovery Gardens, 5:30-6:30, for students moving to kindergarten in 2018-2019
- All 3 elementary principals will share info about PUSD’s Kindergarten programs, Q&A session
Mon., Feb. 12, 2018: Registration begins for new and continuing preschool and pre-K
- Pre-registration packets will be distributed to our current families
- New families may come to the school office for a registration packet.
Mon., Jan 29, 2018: Registration Intent forms go home with CURRENT K-4 students
Thurs., Feb. 1: PUSD Kindergarten General Information Night at Discovery Gardens, 5:30-6:30
—All 3 elementary principals will share info about PUSD’s Kindergarten programs, Q&A session
Fri., Feb 2: Registration Intent forms from current ES students due back to schools
—ALL current students placed at current schools, as space allows (usually 100%)
Mon., Feb 5: New kindergarten siblings of current ES students may begin enrolling online
—These students placed immediately
Tues., Feb 6: Abia Judd ES Kindergarten Parent Open House 5:30-6:30 p.m.
—1749 Williamson Valley Road | 717-3263
Wed., Feb 7: Taylor Hicks ES Kindergarten Parent Open House 5:30-6:30 p.m.
—1849 Campbell Avenue | 717-3276
Thurs., Feb 8: Lincoln ES Kindergarten Parent Open House 5:30-6:30 p.m.
—201 Park Avenue | 717-3249
Mon., Feb 12: For families new to PUSD, K-4 student registration begins online at » REGISTER ONLINE (link will be live beginning Feb. 12), or in school offices
—New students living in AJ attendance area given spots immediately.
—New in-district but out-of-attendance area students fill out an Open Enrollment application. These students are accepted as space allows, beginning Feb. 19.
—New out-of-district students fill out Open Enrollment application. These students are accepted as space allows, beginning Feb. 26.
Mon., Feb 19: All new in-district but out-of-attendance area students are placed, as space allows.
Mon., Feb 26: All new out-of-district students are placed, as space allows.
Feb 27-August: Elementary school online enrollment continues. Students placed based on space available at each school.
Mon., Jan. 29, 2018:
—Registration packets go home with all 4th & 5th graders
—New Student Registration Begins
- Preprinted Registration Form
- Informational Pages (Music, elective, activity fee, etc…)
Tues., Jan. 30: New Parent Information Meeting, 6:00 p.m. in the GM Gym
Fri., Feb. 2: Registration Forms due back
Fri., Feb. 9: Band, Choir, Orchestra visits to elementary schools
Feb. 20-23: Electronic elective selection begins for students
- Students and parents will be able to login to into their child’s PowerSchool account, select “Class Registration” and make their elective choices for next school year. Please be sure to discuss the options with your child.
- Students will either be able to choose full-year electives: band, orchestra & choir OR half year options of Art, PE, or Computer Technology.
- During the week of February 20, students will access their accounts during school hours and make their selections. Parents are encouraged to access their child’s PowerSchool account at home, discuss options and check their child’s preferences for next year. This elective selection portal will be open and available for selection and/or changes through March 23, 2018.
- 6th Grade students attending Mile High next year need to complete the packet that was sent home with each student and return it to GMS as soon as possible. This packet contains paperwork for elective choices at Mile High.
Thurs., Feb. 22: Greet Granite Grizzly Night, 6:00 p.m.
Mon., May 21: Incoming 5th grade school visit, 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
—Send home letter with electronic instructions
—AZ Proof of Residency
—Emergency Medical Form
THURS, FEB 1, 2018: 9:00-11:00 am — 6th grade students from GM visit Mile High
- Tours provided by NJHS
- School overview presentation in Hendrix
Distribute registration packets
Snacks in Quad (in Gym if weather is bad)
- Current 7th grade students receive registration packets during Social Studies classes
THURS, FEB 1: 5:30-6:30 pm — Future 7th grader Parent Info Night in Hendrix
FRI, FEB 2 | THURS, FEB 8 | FRI, FEB 9: Michelle Hoop, Mile High’s academic advisor, available at Granite Mountain for questions
THURS, FEB 8: Registration packets due
- Granite students should turn in completed packets to box at Granite Mountain office and Mile High students should turn in completed packets to box in Mile High office.
- Tours of Mile High will be provided to families upon request
- Every Thursday throughout the spring, Michelle Hoop available at Granite Mountain to answer questions and meet students
Wed., Feb. 7: Future Freshman Night at PHS, 5:30-7:00 p.m.
—This is for all students (in-district or out-of-district) interested in attending PHS for the 2018-2019 school year as a freshman. This is an opportunity for you and your family to visit the PHS campus, meet the PHS staff, and to discover what PHS is all about! PHS offers the full spectrum of academics, including Advanced Placement and Honors courses complemented by athletics, theater, fine arts, choir, band, and vocational education programs. Come and learn about the opportunities waiting for you at PHS.
Thurs., Feb. 8: Future Freshman Presentations at Mile High Middle School
—This will be in-class presentations hosted by PHS department chairs and PHS academic advisors. Academic advisors will be handing out class registration information.
Fri., Feb. 9: On-line registration will begin for all in-district 8th grade students.
Tues., Feb. 13: PHS academic advisors will be at Mile High Middle School to answer any registration questions and complete the registration process with students that have not completed this process.
Thurs., Feb. 15: On-line registration will close for all in-district 8th grade students.
Thurs., March 1: All PHS academic advisors will meet with the students on their caseloads at Mile High Middle School and review their course verification sheet. This will be a list of courses in which the students are enrolled for their freshman year. It will include the course recommendation for math, science, and English, as well as elective choices.
—Please note: This is not the student’s schedule and not all students will receive their first elective choice. They may be placed in one of their alternate electives when schedules are generated during the summer.
If you are an out-of-district student…. This information is for you!
Students who are not current PUSD students but would like to attend PHS in the fall of the 2018-2019 school year are welcome to logon to our online registration page. An academic advisor will contact you to schedule an appointment. If you have any questions, or would like to set up a tour, please call the school at 445-2322.