EVERY CHILD. EVERY DAY.
Prescott Unified School District No. 1 is a learning community built on a foundation of excellence that is more than a century old. PUSD provides the skills that every child will need to become a strong citizen, valued employee, entrepreneur, or leader of tomorrow. Proud to be a “Kids at Hope” district, we believe that every child, every day, matters.
Nov. 30 – Dec. 2, 2018, in the Ruth Street Theatreread more
Mile High Middle School’s “Coffee House”read more
Special Thanksgiving Menuread more
November 21-23, 2018read more
The staff members that walk these red brick halls are incredible.read more
Budget Documents and Information for Fiscal Year (FY) 2019
On July 10, 2018, at 5:00 pm, Prescott Unified School District Governing Board voted to approve the FY 2019 budget. The following link contains the hearing notice and the summary of school district proposed expenditure expenditure budget.
For the 2018/19 school year, Prescott Unified School District is proposing the following raises:
- Teachers — Certified teachers and teachers on assignment will receive 11% raise. The average salary of teachers employed in FY18 (prior year) was $38,861. The average salary of all teachers employed in FY19 (budget year) is $43,136; an increase of $4275 when compared to FY18. For FY18 teacher average salary, end-of-the-year FTE and teacher contract base amount were used. Additional revenue sources for teachers, e.g. clubs, coaching, department chair, Prop 301 monies, extra revenue sources for teachers, etc., are not included in the average salaries. As hiring is not complete for FY19, average salary of all teachers is based upon a budgeted amount. Updated FY19 average salaries will be included in upcoming FY19 budget revisions.
- “Graded” Classified Employees — Classified employees on the graded placement schedule will receive between a 10% to 20.2% raise. Classified employees’ raises are calculated based upon the new classified agreement schedule.
- All other employee groups (psychologists, OTs, PTs, SLPs, IT, directors, administration, etc.) will receive a 5% raise.
Other information for FY19:
- For FY19, the estimated number of FTE certificated employees is 235.
- For FY19, the proposed teacher to pupil ratio for special education is 14.
- For FY19, the proposed staff to pupil ratio for special education is 7.
The following are links to the FY 2019 budget/budget worksheets, FY 2018 Annual Financial Report, and FY17 Auditor General Spending Report.